Cozy green walls in the master bedroom

September 16, 2008

I've been working on our master bedroom for a few months and finished it a couple weeks ago. I redecorated the entire room with less than $350! 

We are thrilled with how it turned out. There are only a few tweaks left -- soon I hope to splurge on a big comfy chaise near the fireplace. I plan to add molding to the large wall above the fireplace and would love to have the ceiling painted (a couple shades lighter than the wall color) at some point. 

More pictures and details follow:
The art on each side of the bed are $3.50 prints from Hobby Lobby I cropped to the size I wanted. Instead of having mats made, I used foam board and painted it the color of the walls, then just placed the prints on top. 

I painted the wall behind the bed a couple years ago and did the stripes by painting the whole wall, taping off the stripes and then just painting a layer of shimmer paint. It gives it a beautiful tone on tone effect. I finished up the rest of the walls with the paint I had purchased for this room more than two years ago!

The bedding was from Ebay and I only paid $36 for the set, which included the duvet cover, small pillows and king shams. The throw pillows are from Home Goods. 

I was looking for a storage bench for the end of the bed and couldn't find anything other than leather benches. These storage bins are from Target and were $55 each on clearance! I may add to these in the future...we'll see.

Here's another picture of the new fireplace tile! I LOVE it! The "artwork" above the fireplace was made with canvases, paintable wallpaper and paint. Total cost was $21! 

Even the candlesticks were a deal -- $10 for both at a consignment shop and I cut one down so they were different heights.
I made the drapes a while back to match our old bedding and was going to make new ones in a chocolate brown, but now the purple has really grown on me. 

It looks so pretty with the green on the walls! We'll see if they'll stay once I find a chaise. The chair was a garage sale find for only $15.

I printed pictures from the computer in black and white, painted foam board and placed the pics on top for this photo display. 

I had the frames so this project cost $1.50 for the foam.

Most of this I already had, I just rearranged everything to this spot. The mirror was $10 a garage sale find and I repainted it.

Here's the armoire I repainted, with the added stencils to the front. I'm not usually a fan of mirrors in high spaces but I like the way this reflects the candles. Not sure if it will stay this way or not. :)

I hope you get some inspiration from this room. I practice what I preach -- it doesn't take a lot of money to make your space brand new again!

Email subscription form header
Your email:*
Please enter all required fields Click to hide
Correct invalid entries Click to hide

Comments

  1. I recently wrote an article on bedroom simplicity. http://www.jorbins.com/home-improvement-decorating/articles/simplifying-bedroom.html

    This is a prime example of a perfect bedroom. Perfectly balanced in furniture weight and height. Spacious yet relaxing and grounded. Colors reflect tranquility and stability. Absolutely wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...your bedroom looks great! Love all your details and thrify finds.
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this room. You really did an amazing job. I especially love how creative you were!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the canvases above your fireplace!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!! I would love to see the canvas above the fireplace closer. They look wonderful to me. I may have to give it a try!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE your master re-do.....and the price is NICE!!!
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete

If you have a specific question I will do my best to answer you back here!

You can find our paint colors and links to items at the "Our Home" tab at the top of my site.

THANKS so much for reading!