Thursday, April 22, 2010

Goodwill transformations!

Hello there! Today I want to brag on a few of my new Hoosier/local friends who joined Beckie from Infarrantly Creative and me at our Goodwill Shop and Hop last month. shophopWe had such a blast and I’m so impressed with what these ladies did with their goodies.

Erin from Beauty in the Attempt turned this $1 Goodwill find…IMG_0310[1]Into this:

IMG_0610(Click here for more!) Isn’t that cool? I love those test tube things.

Then she turned these little terracotta pots:IMG_0308Into these painted and numbered pots:IMG_0411 Ack!! I. love. them. ANYONE could do this!

Shannon from Quarry Orchard used her Krylon Oil Rubbed Bronze (ORB) Spray Paint from her swag bag and attacked some candlesticks.IMG_3479 IMG_3513

Then she went after these beauties with the ORB as well:
Stubby candle stick beforeStubby candlesticks after
Now that’s what I call a transformation!
She turned something most of us would pass by into something I’d buy in a heartbeat!:
Christmas stand before Christmas stand after

Julie knocked my socks off with her transformations: goodwill transformation 2 copy

Can you believe that? It’s fantastic!!

She also found a floral skirt in a funky fabric and added cute accents to all of this with that little bit of fabric:goodwill transformation 1

I’ll take a pillow and the skirt in a size two please. Ha. I am SO KIDDING. (About the size, not wanting it.)

Gail from My Repurposed Life had some major vision – she turned a tall candlestick and a pot lid (of all things?!):

100_6743_thumb[16] 100_6747_thumb[9]

Into a birdbath! Isn’t it beautiful?:

100_6801_thumb[9]

I bet the birds are digging it. :) Go here for more info on this project.

Peggy from Pig Logs and Taterberries was one of the lucky few who actually found something she didn’t have to touch – she just brought this awesome rug home and laid it down! (Jealous.):03Then she took this fantastically gorgeous (ahem) singing angels pillow:022

And made it look “today”:

025

You gotta love that!!

Lisa found a doll crib for her daughter’s birthday gift:DSCN0452With a bit of white spray paint and tightening up some screws she made it look brand new:

DSCN0461

So adorable!

Lastly Tricia from Rejuvenating Trisha Lou used her free ORB spray paint to make these:

015 016

Into these:

005004

Ahhh yes, the difference oil rubbed bronze makes!

I hope you are inspired with what these ladies were able to do with a few bucks in Goodwill finds and some spray paint – your possibilities are endless!! I’ve reinvented a couple of my recent Goodwill finds and will show you next week. :)

50 comments:

  1. i have been looking for a test tube holder and can never find one! you are so lucky! loves all your wonderful transformations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bird bath is ingenious!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So inspiring! I think I need to take a trip to Goodwill tonight:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. they are all amazing transformations. I really need to check out our Goodwill more often. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very clever and creative ladies! Everybody got some great things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the test tubes and the numbered pots!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always think I am creative- until I see THAT kind of creativity!! WOW! Makes you think with a different part of your brain, doesn't it?
    -Trish

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE them all! The bud vases are darling & I love the bird bath too! Looks like everyone scored some great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, there's a lot of creativity going on here. I love it all.
    Picked up some ideas too.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  10. such great ideas!
    I was trying to link to julie and couldn't find her link

    ReplyDelete
  11. ahhh! the test tube holder into bud vase is SUCH a cool idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are a genius- girl! I love coming here. You give me such amazing ideas. You're Amazing! & I love that you say ... what is it... luurrrrve? So funny.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The bird bath is amazing!!! im totally gonna try to do this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are so inspiring! I love seeing transformations. They keep me going. Thanks for posting all of these!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Now that's one COOL idea...buying that skirt and using it to add some cute details to other items...luv how she was thinking out of the box! Come by and show off all these awesome THRIFTY ideas at my NIFTY THRIFTY TUESDAYS PARTY...hope to see you there:)

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, that's so awesome. Spray paint can change anything!

    ReplyDelete
  17. IN LOVE...just found your site! can't wait to catch up on all the delightful posts i have been missing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those were awesome! I can't wait to go to Goodwill again in hopes of finding a hidden treasure.

    I really enjoyed these transformations and the fact that you posted about them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. FUN, inspiring post! SO much creativity out there!

    ReplyDelete
  20. My husband brought home a box full of those tiny flower pots from his work, where they were going to THROW THEM AWAY!!!! What!?!?!? So now they've been in my garage for about a year. I may have to paint and number a few of them... though I have no idea what I'll do with them once they're painted and numbered. I'll think of something.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow! Fabulous! They are all so inspring!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Those are unbelievable.
    Awesome job ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow. It still amazes me everyday what can looks so beautiful with just some spray paint. Love it all.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I LOVE all those! Thanks for sharing. I esp. love the skirt/pillow. Wow! I'll take it in a size 2.... I mean, hehum, add a 1 in front of that 2 and I'll be all set!

    haha

    ReplyDelete
  25. OMGosh! Those are GREAT and so creative! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I am SO STINKIN' INSPIRED! I am headed to Goodwill tomorrow, baby! Aw yeah! Ooo, and as many dollar stores that I can find! Woot! I cannot wait! (Is is sad how excited I get? Lemme think on that... NAH!)

    I adore your website and love to see so much inspiring creativity! I am heading on over to visit the lovely ladies you showcased today!

    If you have the time, I'd love for you to pop over for a visit! http://lookingglassjewels.blogspot.com/
    (there is no Pepsi in my fridge, but help yourself to whatever you can find in there!)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi you have a lovely blog. I am now a follower.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great post. Thanks for sharing this ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh...thank you ever so much for the blog love! :)

    Cheers~
    e

    ReplyDelete
  30. what fun to see the before and after, and what inspiration. The most amazing I would have to say is the birdbath, I would have never thought that in a million years. Thank you for opening my eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  31. What great ideas! I'll run out of food before I run out of black spray paint!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love your blog! I want to install the board and batten....HD here I come!

    ReplyDelete
  33. would you mind posting the link where the coffee table cover came from? thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I'm impressed! These are some great transformations!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I can't wait to get home to see what I can ORB-ize! I do love spray paint; thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Oh my gosh... LOVED all of these projects! You've just gotta do this again! Loved it! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  37. My goodwill needs to go to yours to see how it's done! Mine didn't have ANY house stuff. Just clothes and a few sheets.

    ReplyDelete
  38. GREAT projects! I love that bird feeder. I am going to join in your next one for sure (if you have one).

    XOXO
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  39. WOW such inspiration, way to go ladies! I am actually in Indy right now working the Firefighters Convention, love this city! Wish I could have joined you in your thrifty trip! Thanks for sharing! Sue

    ReplyDelete
  40. I see you love ORB from Kmart as much as I do. I swear that I could paint anything with that paint and it turns out beautifully.

    Love your custom made Pottery Barn like items.

    ReplyDelete
  41. I live within walking distance of a Goodwill and I never go because I just don't have the imagination or vision to make those fantastic pieces out of something that is a complete eyesore! But I am learning to copy good ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Hi dear I got a huge score yesterday at GoodWill what do you know about spraying over Sterling Silver will it oxidize and hurt paint job? Thanks for your help

    ReplyDelete
  43. Hi, I'm so enjoying following your blog. I'm relatively new, but I'm so excited everyday to check my email for updates from Thrifty decor chick. You have inspired me!! I have always loved to decorate but you bring new meaning to decorating. Your idea's are so creative and uplifting. I thought I might share an idea that might be up your alley. I just finished making my baseboard look bigger without ripping the existing ones out. I put another piece of trim above them and it looks awesome!! Thanks to you, Melody

    ReplyDelete
  44. Oooh, I like this post. I have such a hard time visualizing what something could be. Any tips?

    ReplyDelete
  45. I love following your blog...you are too funny sometimes! Thank you soooo much for showing all these wonderful transformations in one post - including the pics! Made it MUCH easier than clicking on 50 links.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE, love, love your comments! (I read every single one.)

If you have a specific question, make sure I can answer you back by adding your email to your google/blog account! And be sure to check out the FAQs tab at the top of the site. Due to the number of emails I get, I just can't get back to everyone.

THANKS so much for reading!