Sunday, May 1, 2011

Before and After Party: Closet redo

Hellooooo! Hope you had a great weekend! Ours was so busy…but I am SO excited about a project I’m working on, I used every free minute possible to work on it.

I know I usually show you the steps along the way on projects, but this time I think I’m going to wait till it’s completely done. I know. Hate me. But this one is going so well, I think it’s going to be done this week.

And I can’t believe I just uttered the words “this one is going so well” cause that’s a project killer for sure right there. ;) Never fails.

I am hoping it keeps going so well.

Anyhoo, I’m not done with the project, but I am going to show you just a bit of my progress.

A couple of weeks ago I showed you the closet I’m working on in our loft:

It used to look like this:

organized closet

Pretty nice, eh? ;)

It’s undergoing a redo, and it started with my hatred of those wire shelves.

No more wire shelves, ever!!

Please tell me you know that movie. ;)

Well, first I was going to just replace the shelving…but then the purging started. And reorganizing…and all we had left in that closet were the cleaning supplies at the top.

I found a new spot for those, so the closet was sitting EMPTY. I know. Hate me.

I came up with a new life for this little closet, and I can’t WAIT to show you.

For now, I’m thrilled, cause I actually built something, all on my own. And it’s sturdy. At least sturdy enough for a 45 pound Bub:

It holds my booty too, but I’m not saying how big that one is. ;)

I will show you the process of how I created this little bench soon. For now, I’m just basking in my building abilities:

closet bench

And I didn’t buy ONE thing to make it. It’s ALL scrap wood from the garage. SCORE!!

I’m not completely done with it, and it doesn’t look like much now, but it will. Oh yes…it will. ;)

So that’s my highly underwhelming before and after for this month…but it’s gonna get better. Can’t wait to show you!!

So now, let’s see your projects!!

Remember to link up html to your post, not your blog. (Right click on your blog post title and copy and paste that into the box.)

I would really appreciate you linking back to my blog with this purdy button (use the code below):

before and after party

 

Let me know if this works OK. (Thanks Beth!!)

Let’s link it up folks!! And YEAH for MAY!! :)

35 comments:

  1. Looking great! I *hate* those wire shelves, too!! We took them out of our closets, and put in some wood shelves. Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go!

    Thank you for hosting, so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great Sarah! No more stuff falling through the wire! Thanks for hosting.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooooh, how I need to do this to my closets. So much wasted space w/ those stupid wire shelves. Need to learn how to use a saw... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see what you do with that cute shelf in your closet! Button works great :).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mommy Dearest! Such a creepy movie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great closet redo, great party! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The closet is looking good. Thanks for hosting .

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job!!

    I may be joining you all for this one - I just have to get the post up! Thanks for hosting!

    Sarah from The House That Ag Built

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish I had something to share at this lovely linky party! I have been so busy and haven't had a chance to get my DIY on :). I can tell that your closet is going to look fabulous! I can't wait to see the end result!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sarah, I'm looking forward to seeing what the closet becomes! Ahhh, the mystery! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Not only do I know that movie, I dressed as Mommy Dearest for Halloween two years ago! Sadly I have wire shelves in my house.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are such a little builder gal! I love it - can't wait to see what you will do with it, but I have no doubt it will be FAB!! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  14. we had those shelves in our previous house and I cannot tell you how many of them actually fell down because they were so flimsy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooh I hate those shelves too! I can't wait to see what you do with the closet! You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy to be joining you this week! So many fun sites to visit...this may take a while...need more coffee ;->

    janet xox
    http://theemptynest-janet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. How fun to have an entire closet to play with! I would be proud to have built it myself, too! Thanks for hosting!...Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  18. "Mommie Dearest." That movie is freaky!!

    Love your new bench...it looks great already! I linked up a bathroom floor redo that nearly had us get a divorce. I should never, ever be allowed to help lay linoleum again....

    Thank you for hosting, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for hosting this party! I LOVE looking through all the submissions and getting new ideas, as well as finding new blogs to check out! (although I'm up to about 40 per day and I may have to cut back on that! Hah!)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for hosting another GREAT party :0) I so look forward to these each month (BONUS I acutally had something to link up this time lol)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great redo! And so many wonderful B&A projects to see! Thanks for hosting!

    :D Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sarah! What a wonderful sturdy shelf for the bubs to play on! I mean, for your stuff. :) My 3yo would be jumping on and off of that one. You did GREAT and doesn't it feel awesome to build stuff??

    Thanks for hosting another great party! I'm loving seeing all of the projects!

    ReplyDelete
  23. "No more wire hangers EVER!"
    "Yes mommy dearest" Yikes! I love your projects! ~K.W.

    ReplyDelete
  24. i need a closet redo, too. just saw the pic you took from the london eye-love!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I don't know that quote, but I do know that I too hate wire shelving! gah! In every closet and pantry in my house!

    ReplyDelete
  26. This has nothing to do with the Before and After party, well maybe it does. I love reading your blog; it's so completely one of the favorite parts of my day. So, needless to say you've become one of my favorite people (even though we've never met). I just wanted to share a big HOORAY! with you. My husband and I officially became debt free today. So, in keeping with the Before and After Party: before with debt =( , after without debt =) We should start a club.


    http://ericandcandice.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thank you for hosting this party! I am your newest follower! Nice to meet you-great blog!!
    ~Iffy~
    www.stayathomenation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Mommy Dearest! I can't use wire hangers without quoting that line in my head. Can't wait to see your finished project. Thank you for hosting such a lovely party!

    P.S. I have you to thank for the project I shared. No more recessed light above my sink..;)

    Heather@ At The Picket Fence

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks for hosting Sarah! Not thanks for the mommy dearest voices in my head :) Looks like your closet coming along great!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Looking forward to seeing what you do with it.....thanks for hosting a great party, off to check out some projects.

    Have a super day.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Ahhh that is great Sarah..I so need to do this. Thanks for your great party, one of my favs!

    ReplyDelete
  32. New follower here. Your blog looks great!! Can't wait to read new posts!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. eek! I have those wire shelves and I hate them!!!
    great job building your new shelf...looks like the makings for a fun 'playhouse'!!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I'm your 11111th follower, how cool is that?!
    So glad I found your blog!
    take care!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Sarah, I adore this space! What a great place to curl up and read.

    I featured your blog today at stylesson.com.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE, love, love your comments! (I read every single one.)

I occasionally have to turn off anonymous comments because of spam. If so, you can comment if you sign in with a WP/Google +/gmail account.

If you have a specific question, make sure I can answer you back by adding your email to your google/blog account! And be sure to check out the FAQs tab at the top of the site. Due to the number of emails I get, I just can't get back to everyone.

THANKS so much for reading!