Sunday, January 1, 2012

Before and After Party: Updates

Hey all! Happy New Year to you! And YOU. :)

It’s time to kick off the first Before and After Party of the year! Whoohoo!! This time I’m doing a little update on my 2011 plans – I’ll show you what I had on my to do list last January and show you the latest photos I have of each space.

Let’s just say I didn’t get most of what I wanted to to do done. I think I should  just stop saying things out loud. Or writing them down. Whatever.

First up, I wanted to complete the never-ending kitchen redo I started 15 years ago. OK…just a couple years ago. I still haven’t done a complete post on all the updates I’ve made, but here’s a pic of the bay window area late 2010 (left), and late 2011 (right):

image image

What I didn’t do in the kitchen:

- Install glass fronts on a few of the cabinets
- touch up paint (everywhere)
- a light fixture over the island

I did get a couple projects done that were on the list:
- install crown
- finish up some accessory projects (mostly above the cabinets)

Aaaaaaaand. That’s it. ;)

No wait! I did change out the light over the kitchen table. That’s something.

In my defense, in August we had the fridge leak, so the kitchen was out of commission till October. Then the holidays hit and it was all over for the year. ;)

Up next, I had big plans for the master bedroom, mostly involving the installation of molding throughout the room.

That didn’t happen.

But I did change up the room a bit, by hanging mirrors over our nightstands and redoing the space above the bed:

image  image

I didn’t get our dresser painted or get the wall behind the bed painted either.

Total slacker.

I have some new ideas in my for our bedroom, which will involve A TON of work. Which means it will be completed in 2015.

The office has come a loooong way! It started with painted walls, then molding, then new floors and a little rearranging:

image image image

I take it back – the kitchen isn’t the longest project ever. The office is. But I’ll show you the final room in the next two weeks. I LOVE it!!

The chocolate brown powder room looks a little different. I showed you the update (which consisted of pulling off the molding and painting the ceiling) late in the summer:

image image

I did slap a coat of the new paint up there before a party back in October, but it’s rough. :) First coat, no cutting in kind of rough. A little scary.

I’ve since figured out exactly what I want to do in here so I’m excited to get moving! (More on that this week!)

And finally, the poor, poor guest room. Or maybe I should say our poor, poor guests that sleep in this room. ;)

The only thing that’s changed in this space is a little rearranging and some new bedding:

image image

The new bedding was HUGE though – I didn’t want to move forward with anything major in there till I got that figured out.

So there you go! A little update on all of the fabulousness I marked off my to do list for 2011. I’m sharing the goals for 2012 this week but I’m a little scared I’ll jinx them. ;)

It’s time to share your projects! Link up a recent fave or your favorite before and after from 2011! Or both! :)

I’d appreciate it if you’d link back to TDC or this post and use this pretty button if you’d like:

beforeAndAfterButton

Another one of my 2012 goals is to figure out how to add code to that button. ;)

Party hardy folks!!

33 comments:

  1. And you have to mention that Pintrest started up and that ties me up for 3 hours a day! Just kidding, but seriously it is a nice distraction....but a distraction. LOL Happy New Year to you! Thanks for hosting!!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't see any of your pictures on this post dang it! I will keep trying though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok - now the pics are there! Love the mirrors you put in your bedroom! And of course I adore your office - can't wait to see the finished room! Of course, I always love your decor, you thrifty chick you..

    Thanks for hosting!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a busy year, these things take time. :)
    That's why I don't make lists. I let things happen when they happen!

    Loving what you have done, can't wait to see your office reveal.
    Thanks for hosting!
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think all of us have a longer to do list then time these days. Just thankful for the projects that did get done and hopefully a few more will be finished off with this new year like my dining room walls which I took the paper off 2 years ago and still have not done anything with-!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seems like you got lots done to me! I wrote a wish list of my top projects for 2012 - we'll see how many I accomplish! Thanks for letting me link up and here's to a fab 2012!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Where does the time go? But hey, if we did everything we wanted all at once, what ever would we blog about? I love your black doors in the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Focus on the accomplishments...there were other things that weren't on that list that got done. Your back yard, flooring in the laundry room, wood floors on your first floor, and your awesome new fireplace. Plus life happens, so enjoy the hard work, time and money you guys have invested, don't sweat that other stuff.

    Best wishes for 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for hosting and you really did get alot done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You forgot the new pantry door in the kitchen... don't sell yourself short, you are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful re-dos! Now we have another year ahead to accomplish our goals! Thanks for hosting!...hugs...Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your blog.
    I also have a organization/home decor blog, I'm just starting out and I hope you'll stop by to check it out someday

    http://barnyardchic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. So glad to see that I am not the only one who didn't get my 2011 list completed {or close to completed!} It is nice to look back on all that you DID do though! Some amazing projects and I love reading your blog! Happy New Year!
    Jenn ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the black doors with white trim...I've been thinking about doing that or stained wood doors with white trim. I'm leaning towards seeing the black after seeing your pictures. Thanks for hosting and I wish you all the best for 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wowza, love your "did and didn't" recap-keeping it real! Thank you for hosting!
    Happy New Year!
    Kerry at HouseTalkN

    ReplyDelete
  16. Woohoo!!!
    I finally have something to link up!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you so much for hosting the party! :) Happy New Year!
    xoxo,
    Vanessa @ {nifty thrifty things}

    ReplyDelete
  18. http://joy2journey.blogspot.com/2011/11/under-stairs-playhouse-update.html

    and ...

    http://joy2journey.blogspot.com/2012/01/i-finished-playhouse-by-christmas-eve.html

    I am linking up to your blog from mine :)
    Bj
    http://joy2journey.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy New Year! Can't wait to see your projects as they progress! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you for an insightful and useful post. The web is a better place with you writing!

    nightclub guest list

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for this wonderful post.Admiring the time and effort you put into your blog and detailed information
    roofing Aledo TX

    ReplyDelete
  22. I was up until 4 this ,morning making plans for my home! Just.Couldn't.Sleep! I love that built in for the play area that would look absolutely beautiful! Can't wait to see what you come up with! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great post and thanks for hosting this fun party...now let me go check out some of the links. Happy New Year!!!!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm late but I'm here ;) I love your black doors so much! I think I may have some black interior doors in my future!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love those black doors in the kitchen ... an can't wait to see your finished office!

    Oh, and can you pretty please host this link party every single day of the year? I can't even begin to tell you the number of your followers that have been pouring over to my newbie blog ... and leaving the nicest of comments!

    So thank you so much for boosting my stats!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Since we completely re-did our new house, I have many before and afters that I love...but one of my favorites have to be my craigslisted dining room chairs! :)

    http://retroranchrenovation.blogspot.com/2011/12/dining-chair-re-do.html

    ReplyDelete
  27. I linked my first blog project today to your link party! Thank you for hosting. I tried to find the code to link back to your blog from mine, but could not. I will keep trying as I need to figure all of this out.

    thesuburbanroost.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. There are a few projects linked here that I am trying to view, but they have their blog locked to invited readers only. I get the need for privacy, but why link then? Such a bummer to not be able to see the projects! But still so many great DIY projects here, I can't wait to try some of them!

    ReplyDelete
  29. My apologies, my comment probably sounded a little whiney. I didn't mean it that way. I LOVE these linky parties and was bummed not to be able to read some of them. That's all.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thanks for another great party! So many fun things to see. I'm right there with you in project mode. Have a great weekend!

    Shari

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thanks for the linky party. I'm super late but better late than never, right? Love your blog!

    maxwellhouseinteriors.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Keeping it real! Love it. I have plenty of supplies for all the projects I was going to work on in 2011. amazing that in blog world, stuff doesn't just magically get done so that we can post about it eh (smile)?

    Thanks for hosting a rocking link party.

    Bernadette @ www.b3hd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. I loved most the bedroom makeover

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE, love, love your comments! (I read every single one.)

If you have a specific question, make sure I can answer you back by adding your email to your google/blog account! And be sure to check out the FAQs tab at the top of the site. Due to the number of emails I get, I just can't get back to everyone.

THANKS so much for reading!