Monday, February 20, 2012

Show Us Your Closets!

Heya! Are you ready to show off more of your house? Some of you are totally ready for this party, and some of you will be hanging back checking out the links for some organization inspiration. I get you. ;)

This month I’d love to see your closets – anything closet related. A laundry closet, master closet, linen closet, pantries (big or small!), or closets you turn into something else to meet your family’s needs. Anything closet-y goes.

Why don’t I say closet one more time?

Closet.

OK, let’s move on. I’ve shared quite a few of ours over the years, but tonight I’m recapping my top three.

First up, of course, the linen closet in our loft that I turned into a book nook:

closet turned book nook   

I rearranged and purged the items in that closet, and by the time I was done it was pretty much empty. So I thunk up this idea. :)

We still love it and it’s so fun having a little nook in our very open house. If you’d like to see the how-to, check it out here.

Next up, one I shared most recently – the pantry redo:

wire shelves pantrypantry redo

It’s only been a couple of weeks but so far it’s stayed organized. Many of you asked where all the dang food is, and it’s still there. ;) It’s mostly along the sides, since it goes back about a foot past the door frame on both sides.

Finally, I shared the decrapification process I use when I go through and organize a closet (which is about once a year for each one):

cleaning out the linen closet organized linen closet

And…I just realized I must have saved “decrapification” in my spelling check, cause it didn’t flag it. That’s awesome. :)

Now it’s time to see yours! (Remember if you’d like to be featured later this month, be sure to link back to this post or the blog!)

Here’s a button I threw together because I’m a slacker and still haven’t had one made. I know.

Now link it up!!

26 comments:

  1. Your pantry gives me hope that one day, I too shall figure out a way to find what I need in mine without cursing and throwing bags of brown rice on the floor ;) Thanks for hosting the party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this actually gets me inspired to clean out my other closets!! Maybe when the seasons change and it's time to store away the winter clothes :) Thanks for hosting!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I wish my closets were organized so I could share them with everyone. Uuuugh, well thanks for the inspiration, I am gonna try to organize one closet a day and see how it goes. Love your blog, its great!! www.questofthenoturnalbaker.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am trying to figure out how to organize my pantry. I have very deep shelves. The shelves are two cereal boxes deep. It makes it hard to find things. I wish I knew how to utilize the space better. Thanks for this post. It has me thinking of different ways to organize.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a serious case of pantry envy right now. Mine needs a complete makeover, desperately. I'm ashamed to open it in front of real people. The dog doesn't even like to go near it. Thanks for hosting and thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for hosting all the great ideas though! ...I meant that I don't think i want to be showin' anyone my closets. no way. :) Of course I don't mean metaphorically or something. All right I'm going.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the book nook! So awesome! I also love the word decrapification. Can I use that? Thanks for the link up but I couldn't figure out how to use the button. I am tech challenged!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I'm gonna be one of the ones who lays back and looks for the ideas to decrapificate my own closets. Lord knows they need it they got lots of decrapa!

    ~Bliss~

    ReplyDelete
  9. thank you so much for hosting - this is going to be a fun link party! i'm definitely going to check out the other links. i am in need of inspiration!

    thank you again!

    ReplyDelete
  10. All my closets suck. :) I haven't figured out a good way system to keep them organized. Sigh. Maybe seeing all these closets will inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well I'm showing my recent cabinet organization. Not quite a closet, but hopefully that's ok. You've motivated me to finish up organizing my pantery!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So far, I'm loving this "Show Us Your House" series! I won't be able to participate every month, but love seeing everyone else's rooms and ideas. Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  13. "Decrapification" -- Love it!! Oh man, I can't wait to use your word with my son tomorrow! Don't worry, he's 21, so he's heard WAY worse adjectives from me than a word with 'crap' in it. :)
    I will use your word whole-heartedly, it especially fits for what needs to be done in MY house. LOL! You are brilliant making that up!
    Best,
    Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for idea.
    If you want to see good optical illusion, go to see this blog :
    http://illuzionoptique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I noticed the force cup (plunger) in your closet. I too had an ugly yellow handle one. I painted mine white and display it next to the toliet in a pretty peice of pottery. That way it is off the floor after its use. I saw this done by a designer and I just love the pottery idea. Just thought I would share.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sarah, I love the black door on your pantry. I showed this to my in-laws and now they're going to add a French door to theirs.

    Thanks for sharing your great ideas and hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice dissorden in some of them! HAHA! Very good idea to show people's closets! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really need some motivation to tackle a bunch of mine so your party comes just at the right time! I just posted a closet redo from last year. Hopefully I will have another to add before your party ends! Thanks for hosting!
    -Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  19. I will be joining this oarty tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have been going through many of the posts...with still more to go, and I must say I have gotten so much inspiration. Thanks again for having this party!
    -Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for hosting, I jumped in!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love looking at all of these great ideas! We're in the process of moving and I can't wait to get organized!

    I've noticed a lot of linen closets don't have that many towels. My question is how many towels do you have or keep in your linen closet? Do you have more somewhere else in the house?

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the style. It's amazing to have that kind of taste.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE, love, love your comments! (I read every single one.)

If you have a specific question, make sure I can answer you back by adding your email to your google/blog account! And be sure to check out the FAQs tab at the top of the site. Due to the number of emails I get, I just can't get back to everyone.

THANKS so much for reading!