Monday, December 10, 2012

Haven, again!

Hey all! Hope you had a wonderful weekend! My was a mix of great and not-so-great – we celebrated our boy’s sixth birthday (SIX!!!) but on Sunday I spent the day in the ER dealing with food poisoning. Ummm…that was interesting.

I’ve never experienced that before and would prefer to never again. :) The culprit – salmonella from two chicken wings from a pizza place. Just TWO people. I am SO GLAD I only ate two. I cannot even imagine what would have happened to me if I had eaten more. It really, really freaks me out.

We also discovered that I have strep throat while in the ER, so it’s just been a barrel of FUN around here. Did I mention I missed the Bub’s birthday party? Yeah. Hubby was a rock star and with the help of some family he pulled it off all on his own.

This morning I was still feeling like death warmed over, but after some more sleep and a shower, I’m feeling somewhat normal again. Now I’m just dealing with the effects of the strep.

So anyway, that’s the reason for this late post today. But I’m SO excited to share some news that we’ve been planning for months – the next Haven Conference is set for August 2013!:

aqua background 3

We had such a blast last year, we knew we had to do it again. :) It truly was one of the most amazing experiences of my life. I know it’s crazy to say about a conference, but it was.

The planning team for this year includes myself, Beth from Home Stories A to Z, Chris from Just a Girl, Rhoda from Southern Hospitality and Traci from Beneath my Heart.

What is Haven?

Haven is a two-day conference Thursday, August 1 through Saturday, August 3, 2013 that will allow people to learn from and gather with some of the most notable DIY/Home bloggers in blogland. Conference sessions will focus on DIY instruction with a mix of blogging and social media:

Where is Haven?

The Haven Conference will be held in the beautiful Buckhead Grand Hyatt in Atlanta, Georgia:

Who will be at Haven?

Haven is open to all who are passionate about blogging, DIY projects, and creating beauty in the home for less. With a perfect mix of DIY and blogging sessions, it's a conference not to be missed!:

I LOVE that we have the sessions set up so that bloggers and non-bloggers alike will benefit. We had a bunch of non-bloggers there last year which I thought was so cool!

For more information, and to see more fun pictures from Haven 2012, you can click on the button below.

Haven Conference 2013 

Ticket info:

Tickets go on sale Tuesday, January 1st, 2013! The full conference pass is $225, but there is a way to get them for even less:

 

The first 50 people to purchase a ticket will get a $25 discount!

Special Thanks to the Home Depot for being our Platinum Sponsor again this year!:

To Kristin Stockdale, from Stockdale Designs, for being our AMAZING event planner again this year!:

And Kristi, from Creative Kristi, for helping us out with our web site again:

I hope to see as many as your faces there as possible! We are so excited!! Are you planning on attending?

I’ll be back tomorrow after a little more sleep, pain reliever and antibiotics. :)

35 comments:

  1. Oh to have all these fantastic, DIY-ing, blogging folks in Atlanta! So fun! Glad it's coming to my city! Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo Hoo!! So stinkin' excited about Haven 2013!! I'm definitely planning on attending!! :)

    Hope you get to feeling better soon Sarah!! Rest up!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you are feeling better soon! I have had food poisoning and I feel your pain... I'm excited about Haven!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a newbie to the blogging world but I am definitely thinking about going there this year! I think it would be a great jumpstart! My dad lives in Atlanta as well, so it would be a great double task!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you are feeling better soon, what a shocker of a weekend. Good on your husband for managing the party himself. I would love to go to Haven but not sure I can wangle it all the way from Australia! (and that I've just come back from a two week holidays in California by myself!) but perhaps I should start scheming of a way to ge there!
    Get better soon
    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh you poor thing! You really are having a rough few days. Hope you get to feeling better real soon!

    hugs x
    Crystelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so looking forward to Haven 2013! I waited too late to buy my ticket last year and missed out on going. I will be one of the early birds this year and thanks for the $25 off! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, уup this агtiсlе is genuіnely nice and I
    haνe lеarnеd lοt οf thіngs from it about blοgging.
    thanks.
    Feel free to surf my web-site :: winyourexover.Com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha! I got a giggle seeing the pic of Sandra & I at Haven! Ahh, fun times! Looking forward to another AWESOME conference!
    Kim @ Sand & Sisal

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yucky about the ER and food poisoning! :( I'm so sorry you had to deal with that! xoxo feel better!
    -Kristi
    Creative Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you are feeling better soon Sarah! Haven looked like such a great time. I hope to go to this next one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am new to blogging! But I am definitely planning on going. SO looking forward to it!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I had food poisoning once from an undercooked meat pie, back in the days before I knew how to cook! Oh my, I know what you are going through, and you are NOT having a good time!
    I finally just hit the double digits with blogging, considering I had computer issues, a home made blog design that basically sucked, lol!
    Now I'm looking to learn some more and take it up a level or two, so I would be quite interested in this opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  14. yay! I was so excited to finally meet you last year at Haven and the whole conference and experience was AMAZING! So of course I will be there again!

    Feel better soon, Sarah! No fun to be sick at Christmas or on your little ones's birthday either.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks so much for sharing all these adorable ideas! I have really been getting into home decor celina and learning so much! Can you tell me where I can find more information and ideas like this? Thanks again for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh no! I, unfortunately, know the feeling. I got food poisoning on a cruise ship 4 years ago. Imagine food poisoning plus a rocking ship. I thought I was going to die. I'd never been so sick in all my life. The bright side? I was the only one in our group to LOSE weight on the trip. :)

    That's good that your husband was able to pull off the Bub's party, but it majorly stinks that you had to miss it. Get better soon!

    I'm so excited for Haven next year! It's going to be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am so excited to go again this year. I was with Mr. Goodwill Hunting when he told you that your blog was the first one he started reading! (Shameless plug for you! :D)

    I hope you are feeling 100% again right away, you poor thing!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ahh! I'm so excited about Haven! I really hope that I can replenish my bank account from Christmas in time to get a ticket!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gross! Did anyone else get salmonella? Sounds like you could make the news or something? :)
    Glad you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Get your own home based job in data entry, copy pasting, clicking and different more jobs
    www.jobzcorner.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. So sorry about the food poisoning and hope you feel better soon. I'm really excited about Haven and plan to attend for sure even though as a new blogger I won't know a soul!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hope you're feeling better soon.
    Food poisoning is just not fun. :(
    Neither is strep throat!

    ReplyDelete
  23. ValenzMom (aka Helen)December 11, 2012 at 9:45 AM

    Oh, Sarah, I'm so sorry you're not feeling well and had to miss your son's birthday, too! Hope you feel better very soon. I had to go to the ER once because of food poisoning due to an undercooked pork appetizer at a tiki restaurant. It was bad, but I can't even imagine it coupled with strep throat! You poor girl! Well, just take your meds, go to bed and dream of Haven 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yay! (For haven, not for food poisoning). Thanks for dropping in to let us know, and feel tons better!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks for the info I actually hadn't heard of Haven, but have a DIY blog and will check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  26. This sounds like something I may have to check out : )
    Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hope you feel better soon! I had food poisoning last year while we were travelling and was sooo sick in a hotel room - so gross! I would love to go to Haven, but I think the airfare from ONtario might be expensive..I have to check! I have never been to a blogging conference before and would really love to attend this one! Looks like a great planning team :D

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hope yuo're feeling better and ready to jump headlong into 2013. Some great pics of Christmasy decoration - makse me so soft and sentimental.

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is exciting! Thanks for sharing, I've never heard of Haven before...unfortunately I probably can't swing it into my budget this year, but I hope you'll update us on the happenings! :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. I am going this year! It will be my first year and I am beyond excited to go!!!! I have been blogging for awhile now but until most recently things are taking off and I'd love to learn, grow, and meet other amazing women/bloggers. Cheers!
    xoxo ~Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  31. This would be so much fun to go to. I went to my first bloggy conference last year and loved it. A Diy theme would be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  32. This would be so much fun to go to. I went to my first bloggy conference last year and loved it. A Diy theme would be awesome!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE, love, love your comments! (I read every single one.)

I occasionally have to turn off anonymous comments because of spam. If so, you can comment if you sign in with a WP/Google +/gmail account.

If you have a specific question, make sure I can answer you back by adding your email to your google/blog account! And be sure to check out the FAQs tab at the top of the site. Due to the number of emails I get, I just can't get back to everyone.

THANKS so much for reading!