Fun Easter ideas

April 18, 2014

Hello and Good Friday to you! I hope you have a lovely weekend planned, whether it be activities with your family or just relaxing. :)

I had a cute Easter-themed project planned for this week but I just couldn’t get it done. Wah waaah. I know it’s down to the wire here but I thought these other Easter-themed projects and ideas were too cute not to share!

I am totally in love with the pretty colors of these naturally dyed eggs:

naturally dyed eggs

(Leigh Anne Wilkes)

I love ours as bright and as obnoxious as possible but these colors are so lovely! (And who knew red onion would make a green egg?)

We’re big Despicable Me fans in this house, so of course anything minion makes us smile:

minion eggs

(source)

How CUTE are those? And totally easy to pull off too.

I pinned this the other day and didn’t end up digging the plastic eggs out in time…fail! My son will get this lunch next year for sure:

lunch with Easter eggs

(Pigskins and Pigtails)

One of my all time favorite tables settings I ever put together was this spring/Easter-themed one from a few years back:

twine wrapped eggs

I wrapped some plastic eggs in twine and yarn and nestled them in burlap – so easy.

The rest was just flowers stuck inside my Goodwill glass centerpiece:

Easter table setting This idea is absolutely gorgeous – I wonder if you could use fake eggs or if they would float too much:

Easter centerpiece

Those are two of my favorite flowers – ranunculus and gerbera daisies! Isn’t that so pretty?

What do you make for Easter dinner? Our standard is Pioneer Woman’s prime rib:

pioneer woman prime rib

(Pioneer Woman)

GOODness. It is delicious. I’m not a big cook by any stretch and I now make this for both Easter and Christmas (and sometimes Thanksgiving!) and it’s SO easy to do.

I thought this snack idea was so adorable!:

Easter snacks

(source)

I mean, come on. Dying. That is the cutest!

Do you have Easter plans? We’re going low key this year – just enjoying a weekend without a lot going on. We are planning to see Heaven is for Real and I’m bringing my tissues because I bawl at the trailer alone. :)

P.S. I have the pin it button installed on my photos but I ask you visit the sources and pin from there. :)

Email subscription form header
Your email:*
Please enter all required fields Click to hide
Correct invalid entries Click to hide

Comments

  1. I LOVE your Easter table! Totally beautiful. If you made that other centerpeice with the eggs another time, It wouldnt matter is you used fake eggs because the eggs dont get touched by the water. They are lodged between the two glass vases. You could even use wooden eggs that you could paint or dye or paper mache or real blown out eggs! Peeps look totally cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally right -- I just noticed that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was about ready to mention that too!! Great ideas Sarah!

      Delete
  3. Such lovely ideas! I ran out of time to do anything worth looking at myself. Just wondering if you have the source for that beautiful flower arrangement with the eggs in the vase. I can't see it. Happy Easter to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Easter officially lasts until Pentecost starts on June 8. You've got PLENTY of time to use the eggs in your son's lunches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not trying to plug here and I really don't want the traffic my blog is for family,but I just did our Easter eggs:
    http://ericrplummer.blogspot.com/2014/04/silk-dyed-eggs.html

    I am LOVIN the despicable me eggs! I am going to have to go to the store now because I really think my kids wold love that!

    ReplyDelete

If you have a specific question I will do my best to answer you back here!

You can find our paint colors and links to items at the "Our Home" tab at the top of my site.

THANKS so much for reading!