The Cake Bake Shop, a must do!

March 13, 2015

The Cake Bake Shop in Indianapolis is a must see!

Some friends and I did what I call a “lady date” the other day and headed out to one of my favorite spots in Indy, Broad Ripple. I had heard of the Cake Bake Shop but hadn’t been yet, and it was a TREAT. I just had to share it with you all. If you can’t visit at least you can admire the design.

Obviously, I’m usually in yoga paints, covered with paint, hair in a pony tail – so putting on actual pants and acting like a lady was a nice treat. (Although seriously, I’d wear yoga pants everywhere if I could.)

You just feel so girly when you walk in:

cake bake shop indy

Although there were plenty of men stopping in for treats too. ;) You’ll see why in a minute.

Seriously…marble everywhere. Beautiful fixtures, white plates, shimmering glass – it was so beautiful!:

cake shop in Indy

THIS is why I feel white is classic in a kitchen. It never ages -- this looks like it could be a French bistro 100 years ago but still feels completely right for now. Loved it:

Cake Bake Shop Indianapolis

The paint all actually had a slight pink tone to it, but you get my gist. ;)

There were so many lovely details everywhere we looked. We were oohing and ahhing like crazy:

Cake Bake Shop Broad Ripple

There’s a back room that was just as pretty:

farmhouse table with benches

We sat up front at small round marble pedestal tables near this adorable window display:

Now…the best part. The desserts…

large cake domes

There were pies, cakes, cobbler, bars, cookies…everything you could think of.

We tried their house Moscato and it was SO good, and I love little details like the small ice. 

That nugget ice is my favorite:

Cake Bake Shop Indy

Those were the coolest wine glasses I’ve ever seen – the stem was insanely tall and skinny. I’d break one in two seconds flat at my house, but they were so pretty.

We all had cake – I had the carrot cake and it is almost as good as my Dad’s recipe – which is saying a lot. It was SO good. 

We tried some macarons and the hot sipping chocolate was crazy good:

sipping chocolate

You’ll notice the sparkles – yes. Edible sparkles on everything. You can’t help but feel girly in this place.

There’s a window where we watched them prepare the desserts for easily five minutes. 

We were in a trance:

It was such a lovely time and I can’t wait to go back. If you live in Indy I highly recommend checking it out. Even if you don’t live nearby, I would put it on your list for your next trip. (Cause I’ve already told you how awesome Indianapolis is here and here.)

Even the boxes they give you to take treats home to the family are beautiful:

My husband loved the sparkles. ;)

Have any of you locals been to the this shop yet? Now that the weather is warming up you need to check it out!

Email subscription form header
Your email:*
Please enter all required fields Click to hide
Correct invalid entries Click to hide

Comments

  1. Wow the Cake bake shop looks amazing, this is one stop i must plan to make at some point!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard it's like being in Paris in Indy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa, have not been and it looks amazing! I'm now planning to go there for my birthday in April.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a place I would love.....thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omgoodness we may have to make a trip down to indy! That places looks beautiful and darling :) (and drool worthy)

    Thanks for sharing!

    Lauren | LB Designs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know!! Check out my blog about my visit to the Cake Bake. It's a very bloggable place.

    https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=2748891752909844149#editor/target=post;postID=3659366487040726517;onPublishedMenu=allposts;onClosedMenu=allposts;postNum=1;src=postname

    ReplyDelete
  7. I live in Fishers and I have never heard of Cake Bake! How can that be? I have a girls trip to IKEA planned for next week so I think Cake Bake will be on the agenda next! Yumm-O!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's only a few months old (though I could be wrong). Is there an IKEA near Indy?? Or are you going to Chicago?

      Delete
  8. This place looks absolutely amazing! It looks like the most perfect place for a girls date :)

    xoxo, SS

    The Southern Stylista

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holy cow I want to go to that place and I've never been to Indiana. It looks amazing! My husband has tons of family in Indiana, maybe we need to make a trip soon. ;)

    That tiny ice reminds me of the AMAZING ice they had at the hospital when I had my kids. Did anybody else have the amazing softly crunchy ice when in labor? Ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's been on my list to check out, but I'll have to move it to the top. What a lovely shop!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a place that I could visit frequently, not only for it's delectable food and drink, but for the amazing ambiance....We have a fast food/drive in place here in the South called Sonic...and they have that wonderful ice and they sell it by the bags too...I buy it when I am having parties...Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable! All of that marble is just beautiful. Except for Laduree, most Parisian patisseries aren't even that cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, how do they keep it looking so clean and immaculate? Sorry I'm too practical, is one of first things I see/notice when I go into restaurant or store. So dreamy and gorgeous, what a stage to work in.
    When we lived in KY we'd go up to Indy sometimes to deliver hubs for a run, pick up his truck. Loved going up there, stop on way there or back for outlet stores.
    From KY you can get to several Midwestern states in short time. We used to go down to River Gate (just before Nashville) to JoAnn's Etc. what a store, in maybe hours time. Wish we still lived there so we could go to many great cities and places. We lived few miles north of Bowling Green.
    Love idea of edible sparkles. That window is incredible, all the tall flowers. Thanks for sharing a special place. Happy weekend

    ReplyDelete
  14. This was so much fun to see. Thanks for sharing your pictures of this beautiful place. Would love to visit one day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful outing for you and your friends! I love the style and decor of the bake shop. It is very chic and stylish without being too little girly. And the desserts look amazing! Thank you for the lovely images.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I went there for the first time about 3 weeks ago and it is spectacular. Indianapolis Monthly had a small write up on this quaint little bakery and I knew I just had to go. The chocolate cake is out of this world! It's just lovely and I can't wait to go back and take my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, what a fun outing! It's just lovely!
    Chrissy

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm drooling over here! The food & the gorgeous place!

    ReplyDelete

If you have a specific question I will do my best to answer you back here!

You can find our paint colors and links to items at the "Our Home" tab at the top of my site.

THANKS so much for reading!